Last Sunday, my husband flew over to South of France for a work-related trip. He is away for a total of 6 days now and will finally be coming home today, later in the afternoon to be exact. So far, this has been the longest time we are apart.
Do we miss him? Of course we do… especially the kiddies, they miss their Daddy’s bonding time and even their tickle fights too.
However, I’ve noticed that whilst he’s not here at home, there are actually a handful of advantages which I’m enjoying as well as disadvantages which I’m missing… I must say, him being elsewhere specifically out of the country, reminded me when I was on my teenage years when my Parents used to go away to visit my Grandparents. Teenager with independence and freedom was just wonderful. Except now, I am not anymore a teenager and I have work and family responsibilities to juggle around myself alone.
So here goes….. the PROS!
- There’s NO more mugs/cups and wine glasses lying in either the computer desk top or bedside table.
- There’s NO more teaspoons lying everywhere in kitchen worktops which he normally used to remove teabags from a cup.
- There’s NO more work shoes and trainers lying near the staircase which are meant to be stored in the shoe shelf.
- There’s NO more used clothes and dirty socks lying on the floor next to him on his side of bed.
- There’s NO more work trousers hanging in one of the dining chairs.
- There’s one less person fighting to use the toilet especially first thing in the morning or at night time.
- Best of all, there’s NO more stinky farts either…. so Heavenly!
Honestly, it’s not all positive that he’s not here at home in the last 6 days. That’s rather unappreciative and unjust. In all fairness to him, I find some negative things too I suppose. That I wished it would have been better if he is here to give me a hand especially looking after the kiddies.
And here goes ….. the CONS!
- I MISS somebody who would strictly impose discipline towards the kids, somebody who is always consistent with putting kids in naughty step if they deserve it. Most of the time, I can’t be bothered with it especially if I’m too tired from work.
- I MISS somebody who would sometimes bring us a surprise cake or sweeties from work.
- I MISS somebody who drives the car as I don’t have my own car and I don’t drive either. We miss the convenience of having him driving us either to shops or just spontaneously anywhere we fancy.
- I MISS somebody who would suddenly bring us out to buy a McFlurry at McDonald’s Drive Thru
- I MISS somebody who would facilitate family Movie Night Time especially on weekends.
- I MISS somebody who would take turn collecting Reimer up from Primary school when I’m too tired and lazy to walk up to collect him myself.
- I MISS somebody who would help shower the kids and prepare them for bedtime and read them stories too.
- Granting I’m so delighted having two little monkeys sleeping over at our bed room where I’m drowned with sweet little cuddles. Regardless of all, I still MISS my bed mate terribly.
Apparently, his presence is of paramount importance than his absence, no wonder we all looked forward to him coming home. Reimer who is as thoughtful as he is, had suggested yesterday to make a card to give to his Dad when he arrived. I didn’t even thought of making one, but he did, he’s just the sweetest little man ever.
Here it is…
As this post goes live, he is already on his flight home. I have to time it that way so he won’t obviously be able to read this post and possibly see the surprise card that Reimer made for him. I’m sure his Daddy would be chuffed!
Have you tried being away from your husband/partner and being alone with the kids?
Did you noticed any pros and cons too when daddy is away?
This post is linked up with: